Y’all ready for this? Opening Night is back and better than ever! Since 1987, the Opening Night celebration is the go-to event for families and friends to “open” the New Year in style! Downtown Oklahoma City sets the stage for a variety of bands, entertainment, and an unforgettable children’s craft and performance area. And for the first time we are offering our 21+ friends a place to grab a drink and warm up in our New Year’s Cheers tent facing the Finale Stage. The day begins with the festive Finale 5K race and concludes with a bang at the midnight fireworks extravaganza!
Opening Night Co-Chairs Rachael Crawford and Kindt Steven Myers along with our committees and volunteers have a memorable night planned for the community, so make sure you grab a wristband for you and yours!
HOW TO ATTEND
$8 advance wristbands are available for purchase at MidFirst Bank locations and 7-Eleven stores across the city and online at the link at the top of the page. For our last minute people, $10 wristbands will be available to purchase on the night of at sales locations across the event grounds. As always, kids ages 5 and under are admitted free.
Parking is available in lots and garages located throughout the downtown area and within walking distance of the performance sites. Look for the P on the site map below. Parking for people with disabilities is designated at all COPTA lots. Don’t forget the OKC Streetcar will be operating free of charge till 2am on NYE, making it even easier to get around!
GET DECKED OUT
Put on your party face! Get your Opening Night party favors, including hats, horns, noisemakers, and glow necklaces, inside the Ronald J. Norick Downtown Library and Oklahoma City Museum of Art.
The Children’s Area in the Civic Center’s Hall of Mirrors offers family-friendly fun for all! Enjoy face painting by the Bricktown Clowns of Oklahoma City, an interactive art project, and lively music by Moetowne Alex & The Nightview Band as you ring in the New Year.
Take Cover, Joe Coover Magic, The Allie Lauren Project, Edgar Cruz, Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma, OKC Improv, OKC Philharmonic, Orquesta D’Calle, and Moetowne Alex & the Nightview Band.
FOOD TRUCKS IN FINALE ALLEY
We’ve rounded up some of the city’s best food trucks for our NYE celebration. Find hot drinks, savory bites, sweet snacks, and more in Finale Alley between 7pm and midnight!
This year enjoy treats from:
- Rolling Café – Fajita Fries, Chicken and Steak Wraps and Sandwiches, Quesadillas.
- Blue J’s Rollin’ Grill – Various gourmet burgers and fries, cheese steaks, and hot dogs.
- King’s Custom Smoked Meats – Custom Smoked Meats made with love.
- Ookebobs – Catfish, shrimp, and hush puppies, oh my!
- Chef Rays Street Eats – Chicken and waffles, Blazing Rays Nashville style chicken sandwiches, and sweet treats.
- Sizzle N Spice, LLC – Tandoori-style Pakistani, and Indian Food
- La Gumbo Ya Ya – Okie chicken, sausage, and pulled pork gumbo with rice, and red beans and rice.
- Mission: In-Pasta-Bowl – Build you own pastas, creamy mac and cheese, and Paninis.
- Taco Nation – Authentic street tacos, quesadillas, and other tasty Mexican fare.
- Junction Coffee – Fresh coffee, espresso drinks, and hot chocolate.
- COCO Flow – Handcrafted hot cocoa, Cabernet soufflé cheesecake and decadent desserts.
NEW YEAR’S CHEERS
Opening Night is helping you toast to the New Year by presenting New Year’s Cheers for the first time! Attendees 21+ can warm up with wine, beer, and champagne in our heated tent facing the Finale Stage as they make their way from venue to venue.
The Finale Stage in Bicentennial Park will come alive at 9pm with our Finale Band: Take Cover. Take Cover is Oklahoma’s newest Top 40 Party Band that is guaranteed to make you dance! This 10-member band will take us through a musical journey from the classic sounds of Motown to today’s top hits and then count us down to midnight, where our fireworks extravaganza will ring in 2019!